Job Opening: Social Media Expert
To undertake the planning, development and delivery of social media strategies for IndyACT and the campaigns conducted during the period of employment. Applicant should be able to demonstrate extensive social medium experience and should be currently active in a wide variety of social media portals such as Facebook, blogs, Twitter, You Tube, and others. The social media expert will work in liaison with other IndyACT staff; to contribute to wider policy, communications and IndyACT work programmes as well.
University degree, preferably in a related field.
At least one year work experience in communication and campaigning. Previous experience in specialized Social Media companies is preferable.
Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic. French is a plus.
- Personal belief in and support of IndyACT core values.
- Writing and outreach experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Commitment to creating positive environmental, social and cultural change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team work and a good listener.
- Ability to take initiatives and be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Computer literacy (Photoshop and HTML)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create a comprehensive social media strategy to define the best tools to be used in accordance with each campaign’s objective and target audience.
- Increase IndyACT and projects’ visibility, membership and traffic across different social media tools
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities and strengthen each campaign’s social media
- Mange communities and pages on Facebook for each campaign which requires creating posts, tweets and intriguing continuous interaction through comments, shares and tweets/ hash tags
- Monitor trends and applications in social media tools and appropriately apply this knowledge to increase the online presence of IndyACT
- Strategize with the management and other key members at IndyACT on incorporating relevant social media techniques into IndyACT's culture
- Measure the impact of social media activities on the success and development of each campaign through valid statistics and elaborate reports
- A motivational letter, with 3 references or more [including personal social media accounts details/links]
- Applicant should be able to start work immediately
- Applicant must have a portfolio of previous/current social media work to share with IndyACT via email if possible and in the interview.
- Applicant available for an interview between October 8 and Oct 16
- Applicant is ready to commit for at least a year with IndyACT
Full time job from 9am to 5pm, Monday till Friday. On account of his/her responsibilities, the Social Media Expert may be asked to adjust his/her working hours to suit the requirements of his/her duties. Please send a full CV/resume and a motivation letter via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is October 8, 2012.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.